Shoppiing Cart

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Flip-It Square - Daisy Patch


 My Heartfelt Creations Design Team saga continues. So, here I am with two projects completed and compete-able. I started to package my life samples up to send them to the company when I noticed two things -- (1) I had to email my project tutorial in by 13 April and (2) I had to cut the flowers out using the die templates. Failure to do so was and automatic disqualification.

"How could I have missed that?" I cried out to self?
Self snorted. "Seriously?" Try prepping for Stamping By the Sea followed immediately by Crop Classix and Becky and Clare's crop. Sprinkle in this week's departure for the wholesaler's warehouse event 355 miles away plus student classes and your hairdresser's Mosaics scrapbook and you've got plenty of time to spare!" Oh? And did I fail to mention your Mosaic Moments Design Team entry?"
"Self!" I scolded my excuse-driven advocate into silence. "That's enough. We've got work to do!"

So I worked on two more cards -- the first one a Flip-It Square. I also completed the tutorials which I will hold until after the design team winners are announced in May. I finished both projects shortly after midnight on April 12th and submitted the raw tutorial which is probably filled with typos and errors. My husband and I were vending at a crop in Millsboro, DE on the 13th, so there was no real time to do anything but meet the minimums. Surprisingly, I got to be more proficient that I realized in matching the die templates to the stamped images. So, at the end of it all, I can give Heartfelt Creations and heartfelt "thank you."
I used the following tools and products:

Tools

¨  Sizzix Square Flip-It Die # 657592
¨  Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Die Template HCD 703
¨  McGill 2 1/8” square punches
¨  Heat Gun
¨  Tombow Adhesive
¨  Fiskars Stamping  Tool

Supplies

¨  HPC 3318 Daisy Patch Flowers Pre-Cut Set
¨  Recollections black self-adhesive faux pearls
¨  Bazzill Basics 10mm Black Brads
¨  Green cardstock from my stash
¨  Versafine black ink
¨  SparkleNSprinkle clear embossing powder

I'll be sharing my final submission with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment