Wednesday, September 25, 2013
I think this is a good example of clean and simple style. After I finished creating my scene, I didn't really feel that buttons, bows and lattices would improve the sampling. I suppose I could have doodled a wallpaper design, but my purpose here was to present a colored Hot Cocoa Marci. I just might come back later on and add the doodles.
My scene includes La-La Land Crafts Hot Cocoa Marci (Item # 5182) in a Cotton Candy (The Paper Cut) room with her own mug of hot chocolate and a peek of embossed snowflakes (Darice 5”x7” snowflake embossing folder) through a partially open window (Spellbinders Window Two # S2-016). No wonder the poor little thing is cold!
I stamped Marci and the sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink. I used the following Copic Markers to create my scene: BG11, BG13, BG15, BG09, BG18, BV00, BV11, BV13, BV17, E00O, EOO, E01, E04, E21, E34, E41, E43, E47, E49, R81, R85, R89, W2, W5, and 0 (Colorless Blender).
Saturday, September 14, 2013
This card measures 3” x 3” finished
DIE CUT: ECDesigns Cupcake with Cherry #715.
- B00 Frost Blue
- R29 Lipstick Red
- R81 Rose Pink
- R85 Rose Mist
- E79 Cashew
- G07 Nile Green
TO MAKE YOUR OWN, YOU’LL ALSO NEED:
- Score Tape at least 2 1/2" wide
- White cardstock at least 2 1/2" wide and approximately 3" long
- SparkleNSprinkle Semi Transparent Snow
- 1/4” x 3” black cardstock
- 3” x 6” Razzleberry Cardstock (The Paper Cut)
- 3 faux pearls
- Cut white cardstock to 2 1/2" x 3" and affix to sticky back of Scor-Tape
- Remove top paper from double-sided sticky tape and set aside.
- Drop die cut with smooth side up onto the exposed sticky tape. DO NOT TOUCH IT after you drop it.
- Place top paper back on sticky tape with die cut sandwiched between the tape and the top. Rub around the top which will push the die image into the sticky tape.
- Remove top and place cupcake into the center of a coffee filter with sticky side up.
- Dump Sparkling Snow semitransparent glitter on top of the cupcake and sticky tape.
- Burnish it with your finger and pour excess back into jar.
- Now you're ready to "color" the cupcake. You can tap, pat, or lay the color on, but do not scrub or stroke to often least you deadhese the glitter. use the photo above for color placement.
- Once you've finished coloring, the cut out cupcake and set aside.
- Afix black strip onto lower end of card.
- Select three pearls and color them with one of the darker colors from the list above.
- Apply foam dots to the back of the cupcake and position on card.
- Place the dot to the right of the cupcake.
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
I got this stamp because my husband is a retired navigator and I thought it would be a great addition to our military scrapbook and our Desert Storm pages. This is La-La Land Stamp #5036. I used the following Copic markers on this project: B21 – Baby Blue; B73 – Antwerp Blue, E00 – Skin White, E02 – Fruit Pink; E21 – Baby Skin Pink; E71 Champagne; E74 – Cocoa Brown; E77 – Maroon; R02 – Flesh; R29 – Lipstick Red; W00 – Warm Gray No. 00; W2 – Warm Gray No. 2; YR000 – Pale Chiffon; YR21 – Cream; YR24 – Pale Sepia; YR31 – Light Reddish Yellow