Shoppiing Cart

Monday, April 8, 2013

Catching Up on Mosaics

I'm on the Mosaic Moments design team, but I just realized that I haven't posted any of my designs! How silly of me. Of course, you can find them a , but that doesn't mean you can't see them here! This was our second challenge -- to do a page inspired by your favorite Dr. Suess book. Mine was the Cat in the hat. My Journella entry includes the Mosaic Moments process which you can pop over there to see if you like.In true Dr. Suess form,


Long, long ago, ladies wore hats with a veil,
Like my Granny’s cousin Daisy Linda Boniville.

Today girls wear hats outside to shovel snow
Which my daughter Leslie did some years ago!

Aunt Hazel and David, so young in the 40s
Thought their hats were spiffy and sporty.

Grads in caps & gown
Enjoy their day filled with happy smiles, not frowns.

Babies get hats right after they’re born
To cover their tiny heads, keeping them warm.

Uncle Poke in his hat during the Great War
Big Bro Don in 1961, just before the Not-a-war
Mommy Me before it was over in 1974
Daddy & Me so stunned
To say goodbye in 91.

War was harder again when Matthew grew
To serve in the year 2002
Firstborn Leslie followed, wearing a hat for war,
A hat hard as can be and that’s for sure
My, my how time does fly,
Military families never get used to saying goodbye.

Smokey in his hat never tires
Of saying, “Only you can prevent forest fires!”

Look at the caps atop Cubbies’ heads so still
In packs they have fun while they learn life skills

Punkin’ Nate marched so well
He got a prize for being swell.

Another helmet keeps boys safe
While tackling and pushing foes away.

Some hats are crowns
With lots of sparkles all around.

Hats for tea,
Just my friends and me,
We’re happy as can be!

Now let me add this final verse
Which I probably should have mentioned first.
Since this was for fun, I focused on rhyme
Rhythm and meter are for another time.

I'll be posting our third Mosaic Moments Design Team challenge tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment