Shoppiing Cart

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch



When I received notice that I was a semi-finalist for the Heartfelt Creations design team, I was totally excited. When the products arrived for me to submit my creations, I was doubly excited. There was a caveat that I overlooked the first go-round when I coupled my increasingly busy schedule with under the wire submission requirements. That caveat was cutting all the flowers with the die template the company provided. Needless to say, this first project was not a contender. Regardless, this was a valuable lesson and has equipped me with some new skill sets in record time.

I'll be departing for Framingham, Massachusetts this Thursday for a wholesalers trade show. I preregistered for two Sizzix that looked most interesting to me. One was using their Flip-It die templates. When I looked at the Heartfelt Creations challenge, I decided that this would be a perfect vehicle for the Heartfelt challenges. The Flip It front is above and the open view is below.



 I cut two pieces of cardstock -- one green and the other from the paper they sent me. I cut out the print elements and glued them to the card base for a most interesting effect; at least, I thought it was.

To create the flowers, I stamped them on tan cardstock using black Versafine ink and SparkleNSprinkle clear embossing powder. I heat-embossed them and cut them out by hand. I used black faux pearls to enhance the floral centers and a 10mm brad to secure the layers. My product list is below.

Regardless of the outcome, I will be doing more with the Heartfelt Creations collections. I thoroughly enjoyed working on these projects and plan to do more.


ü  Sizzix 657586 Card, Circle Flip-its Die
ü  Heartfelt Creations Countryside Evening Collection
ü  HPC 3318 Daisy Patch Flowers Pre-Cut Set
ü  HPC 3380 Heartfelt Creations Layout Class
ü  McGill 3” scallop circle punch
ü  Want2Scrap Self-adhesive pearls, black
ü  Recollections black self-adhesive pearls
ü  Green cardstock from my stash
ü  Versafine black ink
ü  SparkleNSprinkle clear embossing powder
ü  Memento Tuxedo Black ink
ü  Sponge dauber
ü  Heat Gun
ü  Tombow dotto
ü  Zots clear adhesive dots, small 

No comments:

Post a Comment