Shoppiing Cart

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mosaic Moments Design Team Challenge


Our assignment was to convey a “forget-me-not” message; more specifically, what we want others (and ourselves) to remember about oursleves at this phase in our lives. We were also to choose String, Mosaic Moments Cornerstones, and/or Doodles as an element or elements in our layout. 

As far as how I want to be remembered, among, many things, I want to be remembered as an artist. My artistic journey has taken many twists and turns, but it’s always been there, sometimes taunting me, at other times blossoming through me, and always fighting its way to the surface. This layout chronicles some of my artistic endeavors. 

As far as the process involved in this page, I knew I wanted to add doodles, but I wasn’t sure of how many. I started by dusting off some very old Sizzix alphabet dies and cut them out using Paper Cuts Licorice black cardstock for the shadows and Copic Blend-It cardstock for the detail layer.  Using a 0.5 black Copic multiliner pen, I doodled the flowers and colored them with B21, B24, B29 and G21. I liked the general effect, so I continued with the black framing and doodled squares throughout the rest of the layout. I added a little extra depth by placing large faux pearls at the top of each diamond.  I did not pop the squares. They seem to pop all by themselves. The title “Artistic” and books are the only pieces using foam dots on the page. for more on this story, visit my challenge response on www.journella.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment