Thursday, March 3, 2016
Rubber Stamp Tapestry Catnip Garden
Don't forget to add a comment to be eligible for our March 16 drawing. Prize is a Pottery Garden Stamp Set.
1 Card Base of Green cardstock
1 Orange cardstock
1 Rubber Stamp Tapestry Pottery Garden Peg Stamp Set
1 Rubber Stamp Tapestry Catnip Garden SAN02009
The following Memento inks:
□ Cottage Ivy (ME or MD701)
□ Pear Tart (ME or MD703)
□ Danube Blue (ME or MD600)
□ Tangelo (ME or MD200)
□ Cantaloupe (ME or MD103)
□ Rich Cocoa (ME or MD800)
NOTE: ME is the prefix for Memento full-sized ink pads while MD designates the dewdrop pads.
I created the card base by cutting an 8 ½” x 11” piece of green cardstock. I cut the cardstock in half for an 8 ½” x 5 ½” card, scored a line at the 4 ¼” position and folded it in half. That gives us an A2 card measuring 4 ¼” x 5 ½” folded. I also made the following cuts:
White Cardstock – 1 piece 2 ¾” x 5” and 1 piece at 2 1/8” x 2 1/8”.
Green Cardstock – 1 piece 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
Orange Cardstock – 1 piece 3 ¾” x 2 ¾”
CREATING THE DESIGN:
To create the design, use the following guidelines for creating your image.
1. On the two white cardstock pieces, I stamped the leaf with Cottage Ivy and another leaf with Pear Tart (see photo for stamping guide).
2. On the two white cardstock pieces, I stamped the flowers with Danube Blue, Tangelo and Cantalope.
3. I stamped the cat in the center of the small square with Rich Cocoa.
4. I edged the white cardstock pieces with Cottage Ivy and added a second layer of Rich Cocoa.
5. I edged the orange and green squares with Rich Cocoa.
6. Assemble the card as shown in the picture. I used foam dots beneath the green square.
Your card is finished and now you’re ready to mail or give it to that special someone in your life. Thank you for crafting with us.