Monday, March 7, 2016
RST Springtime Bunny Card
By Diane Cook
Be sure to make a comment to be eligible for a peg stamp drawing on March 16.
1 Card Base of white cardstock
1 Rubber Stamp Tapestry Springtime Bunny Peg Stamp Set
3 ½” x 2 ¼” Oval die or punch
Cloud die or punch
Memento Ink’s Espresso Truffle (ME or MD808)
Bamboo Leaves (ME or MD707)
Tombow Colored Pencils:
LG4 Wax Yellow
LG7 Quartz Green
NOTE: ME is the prefix for Memento full-sized ink pads while MD designates the dewdrop pads.
I created the card base by cutting an 8 ½” x 11” piece of white cardstock I purchased at Sam’s Club. I cut the cardstock in half for an 8 ½” x 5 ½” card, scored a line at the 4 ¼” position and folded it in half. That gives us an A2 card measuring 4 ¼” x 5 ½” folded. Cut an oval in your card base with your die or punch.
CREATING THE DESIGN:
To create the design, use the following guidelines for creating your image.
1. Stamp your rabbit with Espresso Truffle on the inside of the oval.
2. Stamp flowers on the outside and inside of your card
3. Stamp grass using Memento Bamboo Leaves on the outside and inside of card.
4. Die cut or punch out clouds and glue them to the outside of the card.
5. Color the Rabbit with a light brown colored pencil. I used LG2 Cork. I used colored pencil so the texture of the art work would show through the colors.
6. Color the daffodils with a yellow colored pencil. I used LG4 Wax Yellow.
7. Color the leaves with a green colored pencil. I used LG7 Quartz Green
Your card is finished and now you’re ready to mail or give it to that special someone in your life. Thank you for crafting with us.