Shoppiing Cart

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Project Life Organizers

 I'm totally excited about Project Life -- so much so that I've signed up for two Big Picture classes and one Studio Calico one. During the last quarter of 2013, I acquired multiple core kits, some mini kits and several theme kits. Before I knew it, I was overwhelmed with product.

I tried several storage solutions and one of the best seemed to keep them in Iris photo boxes. It got them out of sight, but they were not accessible. I didn't have a clue about what I had in the boxes.

Finally, I found the solution during a shopping trip at my local WalMart store. The timing was perfect. I purchased two three-compartment organizers (Mainstays Model# MS12-016-250-10). These clear, heavy plastic trays measure 13.88"L x 11.88"W x 4"H and will fit in drawers or on top of other tables or furniture. Since I'm more likely to use something I can see, I first placed them on top of a cart next to my work table. But that wasn't close enough. Now, my two bins -- one for 3x4 cards and one for 4x6 -- share space on my 6'x30" work table. Each bin cost $6.94 -- a bargain at any price. I separated the 3”x4” cards by theme or topic. I created my dividers with cardstock cut 3" x 4.5". For the moment, the 4”x5” cards are separated by core kit name or theme.

Positioning the trays onto the work table has worked very well. The thing I like best is that I can grab a journaling card and jot down anecdotes when life happens, with or without photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment