Shoppiing Cart

Friday, January 3, 2014

Parker's Hidden Gift


I always ask my daughter-in-law about appropriate gifts for our grandchildren. The two little ones (ages 2 and 5) are pretty easy to buy for, but our 13 year old grandson continues to be a mystery. This year Parker wanted money so he could by a pair of $250 sneakers that his parents refused to purchase. So I decided to create a Sn@p scrapbook with the money tucked inside somewhere. I used a Simple Stories 2-ring notebook to create his 2013 scrapbook.
 I love the way the cover turned out after I painted it with a Viva Décor’s 3-D Stamp Paint. I used Carmine Red Metallic as a base coat and then added a light coat of Black as a second layer. I then added some washi tape from my stash to cover the point where the black cloth binding meets the naked chipboard.

 I used these images as a cover page to Parker’s Sn@p book. I actually cut out one of the Parker images and attached him with foam dots.




 
 This photo set was taken on June 30th in the family’s new home in a different part of their Montclair development.


 On the left, Parker was demonstrating his athletic prowess. I left room for him to share his thoughts. On the right and below are images from our field trip to the National Aquarium in Washington, DC.



Then we stopped at Johnny Rocket for dinner. It was the first time Dave and I had been there, but it is one of Parker’s favorites. As I recall, it was located at the Metro Train Station.

Much to Parker’s surprise, he got to pay for everyone’s meal with his brand new pre-paid credit card.

In the photo on the right, Parker is just about ready to leave for his first day of Junior High School.

These last pages are from Parker’s first football game.  This is where I stopped because I simply ran out of time. When we see him this weekend, I may give him so more pages that will take his journey to the end of the year.



The “hidden gift” was money I put in the bottom 4”x6” pocket for him to add to his shoe fund. Unfortunately, my photoshop elements wouldn’t let me crop/edit the photo because of the money inside. He had to look through the whole book to get to the “prize” at the end.









No comments:

Post a Comment