Shoppiing Cart

Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn Greetings

 
Product used:
Copic Markers: YR04 Chrome Orange; YR07 Cadmium Orange; BG02 New Blue; BG05 Holiday Blue
Tools and Supplies: Recollections cream cardstock, 8 ½” x 11; Orange cardstock from my stash; Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink; Range Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink; SparkleNSprinkle Clear Embossing Powder; Inkadinkado Autumn Foliage Stamp Set (Item #: 98549).
 
The Challenge:
We had a wonderful opportunity to vend at a day crop in Millsboro, Delaware on Saturday. One of my tasks was to develop a new make-and-take to share with our guests. This simple card is a representation of our project. I wanted to see how the Copic markers worked on standard cardstock if the image was heat-embossed. The results were awesome!
I found that using colored heat-embossed powder resulted in the color bleeding into my colored image. Jill from SparkleNSprinkle suggested that I use a colored Versafine Ink and Clear Detail Embossing Powder on my project. Since I didn’t have any Versafine Ink, I decided to use my distress inks which work well with embossing powder. This is the version of our Make-and-Take using SparkleNSprinkle’s clear embossing powder. And what’s totally awesome is that the Copics didn’t feather beyond the embossing.
 
I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment