Shoppiing Cart

Friday, August 31, 2012

My first Pengie Christmas Card



This is a sweet Christmas image from SparkleNSprinkle (Stamp set 438). As you can tell by the bundle of markers beside it, this little fellow is a color-rich project. He is one of three I'll be using in a card class I'm teaching at our Scrappigators studio in September. I used the following Copic markers:
0 - Colorless Blender; BG0000 Snow Green; E50 Egg Shell; G21 Lime Green; G24 Willow; G29 Pine Tree Green; RV25 Dog Rose Flower; RV 29 Crimson; T2 Toner Gray #2; T10 Toner Gray #10; W00 Warm Gray 00; YR 21 Cream; and YR 24 Pale Sepia. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Copic Express-It cardstock and cut it out with the largest die in the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen (S4-310) set. Of course, the neatest part of that was cutting it out on my Vagabond!!!! Yeah. As an added touch, I used Colorbox silver pigment ink, liquid applique on the Santa hat sentiment and heat embossed an inside message in silver as well. I promised one of my sample cards to my hairdresser. It seems that her son, an expectant father whose baby girl is due in October, loves pengiuns. He's lamenting the fact that he can't find an infant/newborn penguin costume for halloween or maybe a penguin snowsuit for the upcoming winter. Perhaps the card will help take away the sting of disappointment in his penguin-deprived environment. If all goes well, I'll have some more pengins to post next week. Have a wonderful day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment