Shoppiing Cart

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My first Copic Demos

I am totally excited about Michaels carrying Copic markers and about my opportunity to demo next Tuesday in Rehoboth and next Wednesday in Dover. I was playing with this last night using Michael's store brand paper (Recollections). I think it does a rather nice job of blending, don't you?

My demo in Dover is on Tuesday afternoon around 2:15 and on Wednesday morning at 11:30 in Rehoboth Beach. I've been really pumped about this since I was Copic Certified 16 days ago.

Did I say 16 days? I sure did. My class was on June 7th. How is that for God's timeing?

I was on the Copic waiting list for two years. The Phillie class normally fills up pretty quickly, so as soon as I received their class notice, I went to the website, filled out the application, submitted my samples (using the Digital Delight by Louby Lou tutorial photos) and hit "send." Store owners and teachers are the top targets for the list. Imagine my surprise when I awoke the next morning to discover an acceptance email! My "teaching" venues were Michaels, CKC Conventions, and online tutorials. I didn't think Michaels would be that well received because they didn't carry Copic markers. That shows you what I know, now doesn't it?

So, here I am still in practice mode getting ready to do my first two demos . . . if all goes well, I'll be able to start teaching some classes at Michaels as early as next month. How awesome would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment