Shoppiing Cart

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Steampunk Top Hat Marci



I haven’t posted in more than a month. I’ve completed projects, but my work table was such a mess that I couldn’t find anything. It took me a month, but now I have a clean workplace where I can spread out and get things done. It’s no accident that Top Hat Steampunk Marci is the first of these projects.

Steampunk is:
1.      A subgenre of science fiction
2.      An artistic style that develops from steampunk fiction
3.      Happens with goths discover brown.
 
Steampunk works are often set in an alternative history of the 19th century’s British Victorian era or American Wild West. It visualizes a future which employs steam power as a dominant energy source and fictional machines which operate off that power.
 
I love the steampunk style and have been looking for ways to incorporate in my design aesthetic.  When I stumbled upon La La Land Crafts’ Steampunk Top Hat Marci (Item # 5190) I knew the time had come to move the project forward.

I stamped the image with Momento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink on Copic Blend-It cardstock. I cut her out and adhere the elements and her to a piece of Recollections 4”x6” piece of craft cardstock. I plan to add her to a Pocket Scrapbook page/project incorporating the Steampunk theme. 

I used the following Copic Markers to color my girl: E00, E000. E02, E11, E17, E50, E53, E57, R20, W2, W5, YG0000, YG11, YG93, YG95, YR0000, YR21, R24, and YR3.

I used my Spellbinders Grand Calibur to cut the gears (Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets #S5-048) out of The Paper Cuts Black Licorice and the lattice with The Paper Cuts Jellybean Green (Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lattice Swirl #HCD 733). My background is Steampunk cardstock form Graphic 45, circa 2011.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment