Shoppiing Cart

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Copic Classes Scheduled

Once in a while you come across a product that you know you will use for the rest of your life. For me, that product is Copic.

So now it's official. I have Copic classes scheduled for Tuesday, July 19 from 10 AM to 12 PM at Michaels in Rehoboth Beach and on Friday, August 5 from 6 PM to 8 PM at Michaels in Dover, Delaware. I'm hoping the classes go well because I have thoughts in place for the first seven techniques-driven workshops:

SESSION 1: We will learn three blending techniques: Common, feathered, and tip-to-tip. This is a display board that I've developed for the first session.

SESSION 2: We will continue our lesson with some whimsical pieces which introduces pallet blending, revisits common blending and color lifting.

SESSION 3: We will focus on skin tones.

SESSION 4: Working with grays

SESSON 5: Shading, shadowing and light sources.

SESSION 6: Scenery and stills

SESSION 7: Airbrushing

I will introduce five new marker colors with each sesson. We will be working with stamped images which can be used on cards, scrapbooking pages and wall art. The continuation of the programs at Michaels in Rehoboth and Dover (Delaware) strictly depends on enrollment. I hope to also make these classes available at several conventions.

The classes cost $25 plus supplies. If  you take all seven classes, you will have incorporated 45 of the 60 colors that Michaels carries into your personal inventory. Sign ups are at the stores.

I have even more plans for the Copic markers for those who want to go above and beyond the Michaels inventory. I will share these a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment