Shoppiing Cart

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Challenge 15 -- Fear Not


An expected noise, swooshing branches scratching the side of a house, thunder-splitting lightening assaulting a nearby tree – who isn’t afraid of things that go bump in the night? But Scripture tells us we have nothing to fear for our Lord is with us always. He strengthens us in the middle of the storm. He keeps us safe in the unsafe places. He has plans for us. So when we’re afraid, we can draw courage from Isaiah 41:10 as we move through the danger and experience victory at His right hand.

Triple the Scrap’s Fear Not” challenge begged for monsters which were not part of my inventory until my CTMH convention bundle arrived last week. So I put together another sneak preview using products schedule for release on September 1. I used the Hooligans Level I Paper Pack X7129A which included the cardstock and stickers for the 6” x 6” page, squares, and “Boo!!” I used my EK Success powder brush to de-stick the stickers. I used the felt monsters for added depth from CTMH’s Hooligans Level 2 Assortment ( Z1332). I edged with Black Exclusive Inks (Z2105) and one of our new fall colors, Lagoon (Z2195).

I took a short cut and used some mini-shimmer alpha stickers from Making Memories for the “Fear Not” title rather than break open a new pack of our Color Ready Bold Alphabets (X5750). I can blame it on my two larger dogs (Bo @ 65 pounds and Tally @ 55 pounds) who are deathly afraid of thunderstorms. Just I finished, thunder, lightening, and a more than wet thunderstorm swept by our house. Lucy (a 28-pound fireball) was pretty nonchalant about the whole thing, but Bo and Tally were completely undone. They could not “fear not.”

1 comment:

  1. Your page looks great and good idea to use monsters.
    Your words you shared at the start touched me as today I had to book my elderly mother into hospital believing God is going to use this time in hospital to fulfill His will. My mother is not coping living on her own and this may help get her into a place where she can be cared for.
    Bless you

    ReplyDelete